unsermake bug?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 20:31:13 BST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 20:11, Andras Mantia wrote:
>  With unsermake from 3.5 branch when building extragear/graphics I get:
> makeobj[0]: Entering directory
> `/home/andris/development/build/kde-head/extragear/graphics'
> installing
> /data/development/sources/kde-head/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam/digik
>am_export.h /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
> `/opt/kde3/include/digikam_export.h': Permission denied
> Error creating /opt/kde3/include/digikam_export.h. Exit status 1.
>
> This is while *compiling* (as regular user), not while installing.
>
> The only reference to this header is in digikam/digikam/Makefile.am:
> include_HEADERS = digikam_export.h
>
> This should be fine.
> The question: why does it try to install at compile phase? Where is the
> problem?

I had exactly the same problem yesterday with kdebase, it tried to install
a .h file from kdmlib which was ok when running unsermake directly from
kdmlib/ and that one was also mentioned in an include_HEADERS directive. I
see a pattern emerging here...

Note btw that it happens on the *LINK* phase, which is even weirder -- it
passes 'unsermake compile' fine, even from the toplevel dir.

Unsermake trunk, kdebase 3.5

--
Martijn