unsermake bug?

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Aug 23 10:42:06 BST 2005

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 21:31 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> I had exactly the same problem yesterday with kdebase, it tried to install
> a .h file from kdmlib which was ok when running unsermake directly from
> kdmlib/ and that one was also mentioned in an include_HEADERS directive. I
> see a pattern emerging here...
>
> Note btw that it happens on the *LINK* phase, which is even weirder -- it
> passes 'unsermake compile' fine, even from the toplevel dir.
The problem is pretty simple: someone broke his INCLUDES variable, so that
the global file in /opt/kde3 is used to compile. Now when you call unsermake
again (it doesn't matter if you link or compile a second time), unsermake sees
the dependencies from kdmfoo.o to /opt/kde3/include/kdmlib.h and sees kdmlib.h
being outdated. And as it happens to know how to update it (by installing) it will
try to please you as much as possible - just too bad you have no rights to do what
you ask it to do.

So the solution is simple too: grep for kdmlib.h in .deps/* and fix the INCLUDES
in that subdir to prefer $(top_srcdir)/kdmlib before everything else.

Greetings, Stephan