A new KColorCombo fro KDE 4?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Aug 12 14:31:57 BST 2005

El Jueves 11 Agosto 2005 19:59, Hans Meine escribió:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 13:19, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> > The height is the same as the text height.
> > I configured my system to have quite small fonts, so it appears small.
> > But yes, with default font it is still too small.
> > In the mockup I sent you the height of the box is now 1.5 times higher.
> > I have to try with 1.3 or 1.4 with normal fonts...
> > The width is still 1.4*height.
>
> Just as an idea: If everyone likes different sizes for the color patches,
> what about making the combobox resizable and don't let more fields appear
> but just let them grow?  Ideally, the changed size should be stored as a
> KDE-wide preference then IMHO.

I have done some work that may be related to this, I sent a message to the
list some time ago, probably at the wrong time, since I got no answer on it
at all:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=111729049927039&w=2

It is a patch that makes the KSelect and KXYSelect widget use the theme
engine to draw the borders. Maybe it could be useful to apply it too, since
the KColor chooser is being reworked.

By the way, it's great that the Colorchooser is being worked on, while
working on this I was thinking it needed some care.

Sadly, I can't help on it currently.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro       //