KDE Edu & KDE4

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:18:05 BST 2005

> I've just written a few days ago that my perception of kdeedu (and kdegames)
> is the complete opposite of yours - that it does NOT give KDE much of a
> competitive edge, but binds a lot of developer resources.

Could you please repeat or post the link to where you said this? I
hate to comment on something that I haven't yet read, but from just
what you wrote here I can't agree with you.

I would actually say that accompanying applications are more important
to my environment than the base system components are. Sure, I like a
useful default file open dialog as much as the next person, but I
don't spend hours using the file open dialog the way that I spend
using programs in kdeedu.

If kdeedu and kdegames were to suddenly disappear (or become very much
harder to d/l and install) it would drastically change my opinion of
KDE as a whole. Much moreso than if a new feature was included into
the window manager, for example. If anything, I think kdeedu/games
don't get enough developer attention, rather than the other way
around.

As always, all text is prefixed with IMHO.