KDE Edu & KDE4

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Thu Aug 11 19:02:00 BST 2005

Michael Nottebrock ha scritto:
> I'm really not meaning to troll here, but: How exactly has it been successful,
> and how do you measure its success?

One example above all: Kstars and Kig got respectively the 1st and the
2nd prize in the last QtForum.org programming contest:
http://dot.kde.org/1107087331/
http://www.qtforum.org/thread.php?threadid=10372

Even if they are only two apps of the whole module, this show you how
can kde edu can bring all nice (and useful) apps.

> I've just written a few days ago that my perception of kdeedu (and kdegames)
> is the complete opposite of yours - that it does NOT give KDE much of a
> competitive edge, but binds a lot of developer resources.

How does it bind "a lot" of developers?
"a lot"... we are no more than 15-20 people working more or less
actively in kdeedu, and the "core" is made by no more than 6-7 people...

> Is there some kind of data available that we could use to determine the
> success/usefulness of kdeedu more objectively?

Maybe the fact that kde edu is one of the main reasons that make schools
of every grade use Linux and KDE?

Cheers,

--
Pino Toscano