KDE Edu & KDE4

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 18:55:27 BST 2005

On Thursday, 11. August 2005 07:36 pm, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> I've just written a few days ago that my perception of kdeedu (and
> kdegames) is the complete opposite of yours - that it does NOT give KDE
> much of a competitive edge, but binds a lot of developer resources.

How far does it bind developer-resources? I didn't read your blog/writing it
seems.

> Is there some kind of data available that we could use to determine the
> success/usefulness of kdeedu more objectively?

I can tell you that kdeedu is included in every educational distribution I
know and that in personal talks people are positive (LinuxTag, CeBIT,
Wikimania, EMail and so on). But of course that is not an objective set of
data. OTOH I know of now statistic that shows me that Kate is successfull. I
also only know this from mail and so on.

Carsten