Office/ and Utilities/ menu reorganization

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Wed Aug 10 21:17:16 BST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 21:23, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10. August 2005 19:51, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 August 2005 19:49, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > > I honestly believe that a developer should know how to make a release
> > > of his software before he joins the open source/free software circuit.
> > > And it doesn't get much easier than with KDE's buildsystem either.
> >
> > Oi, I'll make a noise like a hoop and roll away, then?
>
> Well, alternatively you could just learn how to type "make dist" or
> whatever it takes :) It's not rocket science and with a little good will
> and being a little less stubborn human beings can learn an amazing lot of
> things. Or you could ask someone to do it for you. That's not different
> from the current situation, only that you currently don't need to ask since
> the poor chap called "Release Dude" does it for you.

It is not just about making "make dist". (But perhaps it is assumed that a new
maintainer knows about how to use SSH, how to use GPG, how to use
whatever...)

And when the "release manager" is oneself, then it is the same problem as a
user being root of his own computer: he has nobody for delegating the task.

> Of course you can also pull a face like a small child and refuse to play
> with the others ...
>
> Note that when I say "you", I don't mean you personally...

Have a nice day!