LDAP server free for use ;)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Apr 24 16:19:31 BST 2005

Am Sonntag, 24. April 2005 05:05 schrieb Mickael Marchand:

Hi,

> I have got the webadmin from kolab running
> I have to say that if you dont use the openpkgs stuff, it is _damn hard_
> to do.

well, technically the web admin gui is entirly based on simple php. There are
no real OpenPKG dependencies.

> I am a bit surprised that vcards and all user accounts are all stored in
> the / directory of LDAP and that there are no way to handle them in
> subtrees (at least webadmin does not like it ;).
> Can you confirm this or did I do something wrong ?

I cannot confirm this. By default the accounts are stored under the domain.
e.g.

Nodes:
dn: cn=external,dc=kepler,dc=hq,dc=erfrakon,dc=de
dn: cn=groups,dc=kepler,dc=hq,dc=erfrakon,dc=de
dn: cn=groups,dc=kepler,dc=hq,dc=erfrakon,dc=de

Entry:
dn: cn=Martin Konold,dc=kepler,dc=hq,dc=erfrakon,dc=de

KAddressbook easily handles these and in addition the Kolab 2 LDAP setup
explicitly allows for subtree search.

I highly recommend to have a look at

http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/templates/slapd.conf.template?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany