LDAP server free for use ;)

Mickael Marchand marchand at kde.org
Sun Apr 24 04:05:22 BST 2005

Martin Konold a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 21. April 2005 22:19 schrieb Mickael Marchand:
>
> Hi Mickael,
>

>>the directory already contains Kolab2 and Mozilla LDAP schemas (though
>>mozilla's one is still under development, rumours are saying that full
>>support might be in thunderbird 1.1 ...).
>

> I am very interested in how to integrate Mozilla LDAP schemata in Kolab 2.
>
> What about Samba Schema?
>

>>informations (name and email basically), it's up to you to add more
>>information when you get the account opened if you want it (phone
>>numbers, company ...) ;)
>

> What about using the Kolab 2 web admin GUI for maintaining the personal data?

Ok,
I have got the webadmin from kolab running
I have to say that if you dont use the openpkgs stuff, it is _damn hard_
to do. I think you should try to make this more 'portable' ;) (I
personnally dont like openpkgs and will never use it and actually the
last time I tried with kolab1 they just did not work ;)

I am a bit surprised that vcards and all user accounts are all stored in
the / directory of LDAP and that there are no way to handle them in
subtrees (at least webadmin does not like it ;).
Can you confirm this or did I do something wrong ?

I'll look tomorrow (or hmm ... later today after I have some sleep ;)
how to migrate current users to the new tree and update my scripts to
create users.
I also need to review the ACLs to the LDAP tree,
for example who is allowed to create distribution lists etc ...

the new tree is viewable on the phpldapadmin (anonymously only for now)
for those interested.

Cheers,
Mik