Spell Checking in KDE4 (KSpell2)

heiko.evermann at gmx.de heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 20:46:22 BST 2005

Hi everyone,

there is a new version of spell checking hanging around for a while without
being used: KSpell2. One big improvement would be that the spell checking
engine would use ispell and aspell libraries instead of going through the
command line.

However the transition was never made. If I remember correctly, Zacks reason
was that instead of ispell, he wanted to use myspell? And that would bring
confusion with the packagers of the distributions.

My suggestion is that KDE4 is a good point to do this transition.

So my questions are
1) Would you agree to such a  change?
2) Would Zack be willing to do the change? (Zack, would you?)
3) How to deal with the packaging problem.

Comments are welcome.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann

(KDE Low Saxon translation team)