KUnitTest progress

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Apr 14 12:06:34 BST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:11 pm, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> I'm adding flexibility, not complexity. You can still use the framework as
> Zack designed it. The only difference is that you use a macro to add the
> test, instead of adding it to kunittest.cpp.
I worked to remove the KDE dependency in kunittest. That is a prerequisite for
use in QCA. You appear to have re-added it, even for the command line case.

> I don't think I've added complexity for the end-user, however if you have
> ideas on how to make it even easier to use, please tell. Unless you are
> saying that choice _is_ complexity, which is true perhaps.
The problem is that you have to install the gui client. That isn't really that
desirable for a unit test.

> http://kile.sourceforge.net/kunittest/kunittest-0.3.1.tar.bz2
Builds for me, but I won't be using it, mainly because of the KDE dependency.

I can see it potentially being of use for KDE though.

Brad