KUnitTest progress

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Apr 14 13:05:30 BST 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 01:06 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:11 pm, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > I'm adding flexibility, not complexity. You can still use the framework
> > as Zack designed it. The only difference is that you use a macro to add
> > the test, instead of adding it to kunittest.cpp.
>
> I worked to remove the KDE dependency in kunittest. That is a prerequisite
> for use in QCA. You appear to have re-added it, even for the command line
> case.

Indeed, I didn't realize that this is an issue. Perhaps I can remove the KDE
dependency. It is not enough to change K* to Q*, because some unittests may
need a KInstance.

> > I don't think I've added complexity for the end-user, however if you have
> > ideas on how to make it even easier to use, please tell. Unless you are
> > saying that choice _is_ complexity, which is true perhaps.
>
> The problem is that you have to install the gui client. That isn't really
> that desirable for a unit test.

Not true, there is also a non-gui client: kunittestmodrunner. However you only
need a client if you are creating test modules, in the other case you are
creating your own test runner.

> > http://kile.sourceforge.net/kunittest/kunittest-0.3.1.tar.bz2
>
> Builds for me, but I won't be using it, mainly because of the KDE
> dependency.

Ok, thanks for testing. I'll see if I can remove the KDE deps.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net