RFC: pkg-config for KDE

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Sep 30 06:37:46 BST 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 10:06 pm, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

> im assuming you mean QMake.  make install works pretty well as for
> make uninstall. they even respect INSTALL_ROOT for packagers.  i did
> notice a bug though where it seems to be trying to be too smart for
> its own good and tries to use a relitive path in some cases.  This
> has some annoying results when using INSTALL_ROOT to change the
> prefix for install.  Ideally the Trolls know about this one, and it
> will not be an issue much longer. Other than that issue make install
> and make uninstall work just fine.

Yes, I meant QMake. And now I must apologize. I was operating under
obsolete assumptions. I tried to use QMake once for a project a couple
of years ago and I kept stumbling over the apparent lack of uninstall.
The documentation hasn't been updated, so I assumed that it still
lacked that functionality.

Thanks for setting me straight.

--
David Johnson