Migrating Qt Crytpographic Architecture to KDE CVS
matt at matt.rogers.name
Sat Sep 25 02:17:09 BST 2004
On Friday 24 September 2004 08:11 pm, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:35 am, Justin Karneges wrote:
> > Yes, I think we had meant the same thing. I had no immediate plans to
> > write API docs or deal with unit tests yet, but if QCA were in KDE CVS,
> > then it would be easy for someone else to come along and just do it
> > (read: Brad). This is what I meant by you guys being the 'maintainers'.
> > I suppose that was a bad word choice, since I'd still be the one cutting
> > the releases. What I was implying is that you guys will probably be
> > doing more than me when it comes to commits, at least for the next few
> > months. :)
> > In short, sounds good to me.
> Here is the short version of the plan (and there is no long version yet,
> we'll make it up as we go along):
> 1. Justin makes up a tarball of the QCA part of his CVS tree and sends it
> to me. Obviously it would be a bad idea to commit anything to that version
> of QCA.
> 2. I send it to the KDE CVS gods, and get them to unpack it in the
> kdesupport module.
> 3. In parallel, I'll update the website HTML, and get it installed
> somewhere on http://developer.kde.org
> 4. When the CVS tree is working on cvs.kde.org, I'll do a test commit (of
> the unittest part, probably) and make sure it is all working. I'm currently
> looking at how much it is going to take to get a Windows version of Qt
> running locally, for testing.
> 5. We announce the success to the world, and look for other people to do
> work for which we can take credit :-)
hey, i like it when people do work i can take credit for. ;)
> Open issues:
> A. How do we handle the mailing list? Does it stay on the [Delta] list, or
> do we move it to a KDE server?
I think that's probably best for Justin to decide. I would guess that there's
no problem if a qca mailing list is wanted on the kde mail servers, and i
imagine it'll probably be pretty low volume.
> B. Do we want to define a release schedule?
What would we be defining a release schedule for exactly? ;)
Anyways, this all sounds good to me. :)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the kde-core-devel