[MAJOR BUG] g++ 2.95.x generates invalid code for KDE 3.3.0

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 09:25:04 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 05:38, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2004 19:26, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > It is a two-fold pain. Upgrrading
> > (1) forces one to recompile large parts of the system
> > (2) makes development much slower (gcc-2.95 is twice as fast as
> > any gcc-3.x)
>
> Serious question: How many KDE developers are still using gcc-2.95
> on Linux?

I do (without experiencing problems in the apps I use, although I
really should switch to a different irc client. This is just on the
machine I'm using now, there are a couple other machines I develop
KDE on that use gcc-3.x.)

> And how many are still using it because it compiles
> faster than gcc-3.x?

Yes apart from not liking making changes to things that are working ok
this is the main reason. I'm disappointed with gcc-3.x, I prefer
gcc-2.95.x.

I will be a bit sad but not upset if gcc.2.95.x support is dropped on
linux.

Don.