widget style cleanup

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 11:27:25 BST 2004

On Monday 13 Sep 2004 17:20, Lauri Watts wrote:
> Well, that'd be neat for inside khelpcenter, but we still need static ones
> for web pages, and many other uses.  I don't know if it would work for
> those where the text refers to actual (type in) content in the screenshot
> either. By all means, if you can do this, we'd like to see it.

Not necessarily; an idea I had in a fit of madness: embed a CSS version of the
dialogue layout into the HTML: convert the dialog initialisation instructions
into CSS (place widget here etc.), include that on the web page, and use a
stylesheet to define the render-time look and feel: widgets, fonts,
colours ....

For the help centre a locally stored stylesheet could be used; a web could
serve stylesheet to use the current standard-du-jour, or even perhaps use a
cookie to allow the user to change a few settings.

Andrew