widget style cleanup

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Mon Sep 13 15:46:12 BST 2004

* Andrew Coles <andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk> [Sep 13. 2004 16:37]:
> On Monday 13 Sep 2004 15:10, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Does it take into account color and
> > window manager theme?  Will kde apps simply have a screenshot directory
> > with a script and example files that will generated the screenshots when
> > you install the docs?
>
> I think the holy grail would be to ditch hard-wired screenshots altogether and
> have the dialog images in the documentation rendered on-the-fly, using the
> user's current widget settings, as they browsed the documentation.  That
> would get around the whole issue of consistency, language and having to
> re-take screenshots for different themes.  Also, with a nod towards
> Accesibility, it would still allow the documentation to be used by people who
> need large fonts/high-constrast colour schemes etc..

I think that we should define a default theme (win-deco, style, colors,
icons) for standard screenshots, and also define a theme for
low-contrast, etc.

No one should be able to mess up the screenshots with their own ideas
about what looks nice :-)

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany