widget style cleanup

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 15:35:27 BST 2004

On Monday 13 Sep 2004 15:10, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Does it take into account color and
> window manager theme?  Will kde apps simply have a screenshot directory
> with a script and example files that will generated the screenshots when
> you install the docs?

I think the holy grail would be to ditch hard-wired screenshots altogether and
have the dialog images in the documentation rendered on-the-fly, using the
user's current widget settings, as they browsed the documentation.  That
would get around the whole issue of consistency, language and having to
re-take screenshots for different themes.  Also, with a nod towards
Accesibility, it would still allow the documentation to be used by people who
need large fonts/high-constrast colour schemes etc..

How feasible this would be is another matter. I can imagine for designer
files, perhaps, but probably not for code-generated GUIs - although I'd love
to be proved wrong!

Andrew