widget style cleanup

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Sep 13 15:27:44 BST 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 14:10, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 12 September 2004 2:14 pm, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > >
> > > And make it default. ;-) Honestly, I heard at aKademy about a script
> > > which was said to help to produce screenshots of applications for all
> > > languages.
> >
> > Indeed, this is not just a rumour :)
> >
> > I haven't quite got it up and running yet, but consider my objections to
> > a style change withdrawn.
>
> Oh boy!  Is it in cvs or online somewhere yet?  Any tech details?  Using
> dcop? Any developer docs?  How does it account for network apps?  Where
> will it reside in cvs when done?  Does it take into account color and
> window manager theme?  Will kde apps simply have a screenshot directory
> with a script and example files that will generated the screenshots when
> you install the docs?
>
> Other fun things like
> -Of course the docs screenshots would look the same.
> -Automated screenshots for releases and pre-releases to entice users on the
> website.
> -KOffice screenshots can finally use the same theme!
> -Theme maintainers could generated tons of screenshots with ease.
> -www.kde-apps.org can generate screenshots of applications.

Another very useful feature would be generating screenshots from designer
files, with theme etc. support(for the HIG..). The Gnome folks have such a
solution in cvs:

web-devel-2/content/projects/gup/hig/glade/

Another thing is tight control on the image; what to scale to, image format,
if a certain part of the image should be used(cropping).

Cheers,

		Frans