Incidents, once in a while

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Sep 1 22:39:00 BST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 20:54, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I'm posting this because I think it's healthy if this conflict is
> > reviewed by  the community's wide audience. I think criticism and
> > inspection is good.  Further, I'm stuck and don't know how to continue.
> >
> > It's about the mail exchanges I and Aaron have had on various lists about
> > different topics. One topic have been my recent work on the HIG:
> > I converted  the guidelines to docbook, moved them from developer.kde.org
> > to  usability.kde.org, and sanity edited it to bring out the content(but
> > it still  says the same).
>
> Hi Frans,
>
> perhaps Aaron was not really clear on some things making you think they
> were open for discussion while they were not.
> When Aaron posted his various points you quoted below it was not just his
> personal opinion, he was the most vocal voice of a large group of people
> present at akademy.
>
> By writing here arguing to that same group of people how badly you have
> been treated is not really going to get you the attention you need.

I don't know if I need the attention you refer to, because I don't know what
you refer to(but it doesn't matter anyway).

> I would really like you to take a moment; stand back and think about WHY so
> many people feel your actions are not really helping the community.

You, Aaron, and Kurt Pfeifle have explicitly expressed they don't like what I
do. In case of numbers of developers who have explicitly expressed their
opinions I can count to more people(kde-cvs, kde-core-devel) that have helped
sorting issues out(if it's on that level). I don't really care about the
practical matters in this part, I may be wrong/you/whatever, but what is
worrying, and which halts solving those actual practical matters, is if
previous projects are ignored, said to be deleted without explaining why, if
people insults, and all the other communicative and bureaucratic problems
outlined in the top mail.

But don't hesitate. If you think I've done wrong -- bring that proof -- and do
a detailed discussion.
Also, Aaron statements may of course correspond to a common opinion among
people on aKademy, but comments such as "I have no plans" does not to my
judgment reflect that. It would also amaze me if people back up insults(or do
people not find it that?). Individual opinions are concrete, but discussing
whom the silence agrees with is though.
I'm sick of the attitude outlined in the initial mail, and I want that
changed, and I want actual discussion about the practical matters.

Cheers,

		Frans