kde release changelog idea

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Thu Oct 14 02:56:20 BST 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 1:53am, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Rather than have maintainers update changelogs, wouldn't it be possible to
> have a bugzilla report that showed bugs closed during that minor release
> time?  I am able to do this now on the query page (show bugs fixed between
> date A and B for all projects), but a much better/prettier page could
> probably be made.  It seems almost natural to take advantage of bugzilla's
> capabilities to create these reports for us.

Not all entries in the current ChangeLog have a related bug report entry.
There should be a way to keep putting those fixes in the ChangeLog. I like
the idea of more complete ChangeLogs, but this should work on top of each
other if possible.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun