3.3 release

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Oct 12 09:26:05 BST 2004

Am Tuesday 12 October 2004 05:07 schrieb Michael Nottebrock:

> I'm very seriously asking to consider doing at least one release less per year
> and increasing the cvs freeze periods/packager feedback phase accordingly, so
> the project can put out releases with some longevity (i.e. a stronger focus
> on avoiding regressions and fixing bugs instead of merging new features from
> HEAD, so each release presents the major applications in a more solid and
> reliable state).
If you're afraid of regressions commited to the branch, you're free to update to the
branch more often. I agree, that the risk of regressions in a branch not used by
developers is quite high. But it's a trade off we have to live with I'm afraid.

And the KDE 3.3.1 release is already way later than the 3.2.1 release - relative
to their .0 releases. Partly because of my vacation, partly because 3.3.0 was more
stable.  And yes, I have no problem with shifting the 3.3.2 release. But that doesn't
change the fact that it will be a problem if noone is going to use/test the branch.

Greetings, Stephan