3.3 release

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Tue Oct 12 06:55:24 BST 2004

Hi

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 04:18, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Do you think this is a little too soon?  One month from release to release?
> Is that enough time for feedback?

You realize the 3.3.x releases are _bugfix_ releases?

They add languages or fix crtical bugs. I strongly opose to adopt MS strategy
to fix bugs every 2 years with a Service Pack.

If there are serious regressions in higher 3.3.x releases we have to be more
strict about the "backporting" and not release once every year "to provide
feedback".

We only get higher numbers of bugreports for released versions. The people
compiling CVS have a much higher bug tolerance before they report.

Please rethink if you really want to hold bugfix releases away from the user.

	Rainer