3.3 release

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Oct 12 07:19:41 BST 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 10:55 pm, Rainer Endres wrote:

> You realize the 3.3.x releases are _bugfix_ releases?

The keyword here is "releases". It takes time for a vendor to create new
packages, test them, document any issues, etc. Vendors typically have
to do just as much work for a bugfix release as they do for a feature
release.

> They add languages or fix crtical bugs. I strongly opose to adopt MS
> strategy to fix bugs every 2 years with a Service Pack.

No one is saying to wait two years between releases! Just longer than
one month. A balance needs to be made somewhere between one day and one
year. Some people think that one month is not the right balance.

--
David Johnson