Request for feature removal: "Double-sized pixels" in icons

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Nov 29 17:04:38 GMT 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 17:29, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I would like to remove the "Double-sized pixels" feature from the icon
> configuration. I think the design of this feature is broken. The correct
> way IMHO would be that the user just specifies the desired (large) icon
> size and then the icon loader should do whatever is needed to come up with
> icons of that size. (Which it seems to do just fine already)
>
> See also BR86257 as an example of code that asks for a specific icon size
> and then gets an icon that's way bigger due to "double-sized pixels". There
> are more places in KDE where this causes similar problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

This is an accessability issue, and as stated in a recent tread, some people
need this in order to get icons they can interpret for example in menus. So
it should be replaced by something that can work, if even the ability to set
the size of all icon types, including 'small icon'.

-anders

--
Homepage: http://www.alweb.dk
Jabber address: anderslund at jabber.dk