Web Shortcut en2de Defunct, Support for French <-> German by LEO

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 07:26:53 GMT 2004

Hello,

1.) I noticed that the web shortcut en2de is defunct.
Here's the message on the target page:

"We are sorry to announce that WordReference.com has decided to
drop the English-German dictionary.  Collins has decided that they
prefer not let WordReference offer their dictionaries online anymore,
and we were unable to find a good replacement.

For those looking for another online dictionary,
we recommend dict.leo.org/ or www.dict.cc .

Our apologies."

I suggest removing the shortcut completely as there is already
a useful replacement in the leo: shortcut.

2.) LEO now has support for French <-> German lookups
How about adding a shortcut leofr:?

What do you think?
I'd volunteer for both tasks if the feedback is positive.

Should the modifications also be done in the 3.3 branch?
And is there a maintainer for the web shortcuts I should send
the new file to for review?

Christian.