serious: konqi removes viewed file ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 14 11:33:37 GMT 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 22:28, Martin Koller wrote:
> Since my latest CVS update, I see the following problem:
>
> I have a desktop file pointing to the KDE-API:
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Icon=html
> Name=KDE-API
> Name[en_US]=KDE-API
> Type=Link
> URL=/home/PACKAGES/KDE-CVS/cvs-api/index.html
>
> Whenever I open konqi showing this file, then closing konqi, the file is
> REMOVED ! ???
>
> How can this be ?

Ouch. This sounds like a bug in the recent implementation of the --tempfile option,
which deletes tempfiles after viewing them. Obviously the above is no tempfile
and shouldn't be deleted.
I tried and I couldn't reproduce the bug though:
* I made it URL[$e]=$QTDIR/doc/html/index.html so that it points to a real html file here too.
* I opened the directory containing the .desktop file with konqueror (iconview)
* I clicked on it, a new window appears, with the HTML file displayed
* Upon closing that window, the file isn't deleted. No problem when closing the
first window either.

Can you make sure you have the latest konqueror?
Can you check if you see the debug output (from area 1202) saying
  ######### Deleting tempfile after use: <path>
?