KIconDialog

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Fri May 21 19:40:49 BST 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 06:13, Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
> On Thursday 20 May 2004 21:50, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> > Okay, so after seeing the requests which came in, I decided the current
> > layout of the dialog might not be the way to proceed. So I created a
> > mockup for an entirely new one, which looks quite familiar to the file
> > dialogs. It's only an idea, so please don't be too picky on the details
> > ;) What you think about this?
>
> Looks good. Are there many "Context"s? If not, they can be put as icons to
> the toolbar, making selection even faster.
The "System Icons" section has the five contexts we know now, "Actions",
"Applications", "Devices", "Filesystems" and "Mimetypes" (though I would like
to rename the last two to "Folders and Drives" and "File Types" or something
like that).
The section "Application Icons" is available depending on whether the calling
applications enabled it. The application is then free to define the contexts
it likes.
The "Custom Icons" has no contexts, but has an option where you can browse for
files.

Adding contexts to the toolbar could be possible, but if you have to represent
the contexts with icons, I don't think it's as clear what they're about.
Especially when applications start adding their own.

Bye,

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen

So if you want my address, it's number one at the end of the bar.
-- Marillion