KIconDialog

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat May 22 15:15:23 BST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 08:40:49PM +0200, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> The "System Icons" section has the five contexts we know now, "Actions",
> "Applications", "Devices", "Filesystems" and "Mimetypes" (though I would
> like to rename the last two to "Folders and Drives" and "File Types" or
> something like that). The section "Application Icons" is available
> depending on whether the calling applications enabled it. The application
> is then free to define the contexts it likes. The "Custom Icons" has no
> contexts, but has an option where you can browse for files.

Note that I just committed a patch to lock the choice between system icons
and custom icons, as well to lock down the custom dir. Please keep in mind
such a lockdown in your proposal.

> Adding contexts to the toolbar could be possible, but if you have to
> represent the contexts with icons, I don't think it's as clear what
> they're about.  Especially when applications start adding their own.

Agreed. It might be possible to add icons to the combobox though.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun