Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Fri May 14 14:40:42 BST 2004

> Since the United States of America (one of Taiwan's closest allies)
> has recognized that the unification of Taiwan with mainland China is
> inevitable, even I who consider myself a supporter of the Taiwanese
> people can only consider KDE's position to have become extremist.

If it's inevitable, we can always wait for it to happen. At the moment KDE's
position reflects reality, not politics. Taiwan has separate government,
separate currency, separate military. Whether it should be independent or not
(I am not gonna judge that), in practice it currently is.

And hey, there are probably plenty of countries in the world who probably
would not accept KDE as long as it lists Israel. But I don't think anyone
would even suggest removing it.