Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Thu May 13 16:07:46 BST 2004

> names and country codes verbatim as per the standard (with adjustments for
> capitalization as apporpriate).  I think ISO is well respected, and the
> source for this standard is based on the UN, which is generally well
> respected.  I'm not claiming it is perfect, but it is I think as good as we
> can do and well respected enough to accept as-is.  You can find a listing
> here:

I think this would only create problems where we did reasonably well thus far.
Just look for some of the names in the middle east region.

Besides, I don't think this is any guidance as to how to name things in order
to make them easily locatable in the UI, and short enough not to have a menu
that takes an entire screen