Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 16 20:53:27 BST 2004

On Saturday 15 May 2004 02:58, Robert Williams wrote:
> I guess since New Zealand is an island, they are not a country?

PLEASE STOP (Don, this is about you too).
This discussion is NOT about individual country/regions/languages.
Let's not start involving kde-core-devel into this.

George was suggesting a way to move the decision process out of KDE's hands,
and it looks like the conclusion was that ISO 3166-1 can provide some guidance
if we ignore the "long names" and only look at the "short names".
There is some discussion about whether to include regions, and obviously we will
not list any possible region in the world, but maybe it makes sense to do so when
there is a strong opinion from the people living there that it should be listed.
And if someone isn't happy about some other country/region listed there, they
can just go to hell (or /dev/null, at their choice).