[Kde-pim] KDE 3.3 Release Plan is up

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue May 11 12:27:51 BST 2004

On May 11, 2004 01:48 am, Don Sanders wrote:
> I'm just reacting to the statement that KDEPIM doesn't have any
> enterprise users. I feel that these users do exist but we could make
> more of an effort to get in touch with these special users, learn
> about them and their needs and help them in a friendly way.
>
> That is be a little enterprising ourselves in the nicest sense of the
> word.

As someone who knows people who use KMail at work daily, and more who would use
it if they could, I can tell you one big thing holding back Mail / Kontact right now

Bug 58356 - WIthout this it is impossible to use KMail to read mail on an Exchange server with
SPA enabled. Since many admins use this method of security, it makes KMail useless without a
go-between like fetchmail. ( I know I posted I was working on a patch myself, but I hit a brick wall ),
and using fetchmail removes all the benfits of IMAP.

I already know of 6 people who had to ditch KMail for Evolution / Thunderbird / Fetchmail + X when their admins
turned this on.

--
There is no way of having a free society in which there is not abuse. Abuse is the very hallmark of liberty.

-- Lord Chief Justice Halisham