[Kde-pim] KDE 3.3 Release Plan is up

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Sat May 8 21:24:38 BST 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Michael Brade wrote:

> > FWIW, from several talks with the other KDE PIM developers I got the
> > impression that many of them share my visions. I hope they will confirm
> > this.
> No, not me. I sort of agree with the first paragraph, but not with keeping PIM
> 4.x compatible with KDE 4.0 for the rest of KDE 4's lifetime. Reasons:

[reasons]

I'm not a KDE PIM developer so I can just make a general comment: do you
know how many people in the world (including my wife) are still running
Windows 95 with a big set of recent application software available? That's
platform stability for almost 9 years! I'd assume that KDE would be able
to provide the same for 1-2 years. If there's an unfixable interface you
can always provide a new one.

Harri.