libkipi in kdesupport

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 15 17:08:52 GMT 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 15:38, Klas Kalaß wrote:
> Sounds good, but I propose to keep kdesupport for libraries that do not
> depend on kde libraries and are third party libs more than anything else
> (like Scotts intention seems to be for taglib).

Yes.

> Kdeextragear-libs should be for all additional (kde) libraries which may
> depend on  kdelibs.
>
> So we would get the following dependency:
>
> kdelibs  [<- kdeextragear-libs] <- kdeextragear
>         \                       /
>          [<- kdeXXX           ]
>
> But when one of the applications in the Extra Gear which use a library from
> kdeextragear-libs is moved to one of the main modules, that library must be
> moved to an appropriate main module too.

Yes. And I still think placing libs in the application modules is not a good
idea, I'd suggest creating a new cvs module (let's call it kdeextralibs...)
which lies between kdelibs and all other kde modules, so that *all* kde apps
can depend on it without the hassle to which module the lib belongs.

> We should be very carefull to not let anything from the main modules depend
> on extragear again.

Yes.

Bye
Alex