kcfg file for kdeglobals

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sun Mar 7 16:36:39 GMT 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 07:16, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 14:59, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Hello people,
> >
> > The entries in kdeglobals are written from tons and places. It would
> > be really inefficient to write individual kcfg files for the
> > kdegloabals entries used in each case(which in many cases means
> > having two kcfg files), not to mention maintaining defaults as well
> > as the confusion for the user...
> >
> > Wouldn't it be nice if we had a huge kcfg object for kdeglobals in
> > the kutils library?
>
> Great idea. I'm not sure if kutils is the right place, but the idea is
> definitely there. Did you start on that?

I cook something up, some day.

I find the move a little bit unsure though, because that would become public
API right? That means BC depends on the XML file(shouldn't be a problem) and
how KConfigXT generates the code. I'm not familiar with KConfigXT enough to
tell but it doesn't sounds that unlikely.

Cheers,

		Frans