open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sat Mar 6 16:44:33 GMT 2004

On Saturday 06 March 2004 04:51, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2004 21:28, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > when i say "it shouldn't be in the main interface because it's
> > buggy" i'm not speaking to how many people use it because that's
> > irrelevant.
>
> When it's buggy it shouldn't be there at all. Undocumented feature
> equals bug, undocumented feature with bugs still equals bug. What's
> so hard about keeping unfinished stuff out of releases? Compiling a
> bit of source to get an experimental feature, THAT really and truly
> is power-user territory.

Oh, please. Well, I'm certianly glad we have such hard bug fixing and
coding people like you to fix all those bugs that are there because of
those horrible maintainers.

> > please read my email again and discover how i note this will
> > empower people. in KDE 3.2 you can disable the menu separators in
> > the kmenu. do you know how? no? with kconfedit you will. that's
> > empowerment, no?
>
> How will I know? Who even tells me about kconfedit in the first
> place? A tip of the day? :-)

Right on, because knowing how to compile codepath X to get feature Y is
so much easier to find out then switching an option.

Zack

--
ICMP: The protocol that goes PING!