open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Mar 6 09:51:01 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 21:28, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> when i say "it shouldn't be in the main interface because it's buggy" i'm
> not speaking to how many people use it because that's irrelevant.

When it's buggy it shouldn't be there at all. Undocumented feature equals bug,
undocumented feature with bugs still equals bug. What's so hard about keeping
unfinished stuff out of releases? Compiling a bit of source to get an
experimental feature, THAT really and truly is power-user territory.

> please read my email again and discover how i note this will empower
> people. in KDE 3.2 you can disable the menu separators in the kmenu. do you
> know how? no? with kconfedit you will. that's empowerment, no?

How will I know? Who even tells me about kconfedit in the first place? A tip
of the day? :-)

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org