open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 5 21:27:37 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 22:20, Zack Rusin wrote:

> How many times do I have to write that we need kcfg files for that? That
> was the reason I wrote the original email. Check entries for
> applications which already have kcfg files installed. I mean come on, I
> wrote the damn thing I think I know how it works.

Sure -- and do you really believe that you will ever get consistency in this
thing? Do you really believe that you will get kcfg files for all the apps
out there? Do you really believe that any config editor that shows a long
list ordered alphabetically by application name (the same name that was
going to be replaced by application type in the menu) will ever enable people
to find what they're looking for?

You will always have fields where you need to type 'true' next to fields where
you can click a radio button or a checkbox. You will never achieve
consistency, just like there will never be one toolkit for Python. Life ain't
like that.

> Which kconfigeditor were you using? The one I'm working on is in
> kdenonbeta. With hard emphasis on "nonbeta".

That one -- that's why I was mild and circumspect in my remarks.

> Where the hell did you get that from? I haven't proposed to remove any
> freaking options. Stop putting things in my mouth that are convient for
> your discussion. I want to have people actually using kcfg, that's all.

Right -- I might have been confusing your and Aaron's remarks. Aaron wants to
zap options because KConfEdit can handle them, and you have made something
very like the Dotfile generator, only for KDE, not FVWM. My apologies.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi