kdelibs bootstrap problem with meinproc revisited

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Jun 14 14:00:06 BST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 00:47, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

> Something must be misconfigured somewhere.  I tried to ensure that the case
> you are talking about cannot happen.  I tested this with srcdir != builddir
> when i first commited it.  Did I miss something? Did our build system
> change?

Right now I suspect there's some rather fundemental flaw in libtool, but I 
can't really see where.

Here's how lt-makekdewidgets gets linked in Linux:

lofi at kiste:~/kde/kdelibs> ldd kdewidgets/.libs/lt-makekdewidgets
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
=> /home/lofi/kde/kdelibs/kdecore/.libs/libkdecore.so.4 (0x40018000)
        libDCOP.so.4 => /home/lofi/kde/kdelibs/dcop/.libs/libDCOP.so.4 
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0x40292000)
        libutil.so.1 => /lib/libutil.so.1 (0x402a4000)
        libart_lgpl_2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2 (0x402a7000)
        libkdefx.so.4 => /home/lofi/kde/kdelibs/kdefx/.libs/libkdefx.so.4 
        libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x402e9000)
        libXi.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXi.so.6 (0x409d2000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x409db000)
        libXft.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2 (0x409df000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x409f1000)
        libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x40a1b000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x40a3a000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40aa3000)
        libpng.so.3 => /usr/lib/libpng.so.3 (0x40aa7000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x40ad5000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x40ae6000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40af5000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x40bf1000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40bfa000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x40c13000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x40c23000)
        libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 (0x40c2b000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x40ce7000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x40cef000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x40d11000)
        libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0x40e27000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

versus on FreeBSD (exclamation marks added by me):

[lofi at jail]:0:~/kdelibs > ldd kdewidgets/.libs/lt-makekdewidgets
=> /usr/home/lofi/kdelibs/kdecore/.libs/libkdecore.so.6 (0x28078000)
!       libDCOP.so.6 => /usr/home/lofi/kdelibs/dcop/.libs/libDCOP.so.6 
        libutil.so.4 => /lib/libutil.so.4 (0x282a5000)
        libart_lgpl_2.so.5 => /usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.5 (0x282b1000)
!       libkdefx.so.6 => /usr/home/lofi/kdelibs/kdefx/.libs/libkdefx.so.6 
        libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x282ef000)
        libpng.so.5 => /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.5 (0x289ad000)
        libz.so.2 => /lib/libz.so.2 (0x289d2000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x289e0000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x289ef000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x28ab7000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x28ac0000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x28ad7000)
        libjpeg.so.9 => /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.9 (0x28adf000)
        libstdc++.so.4 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4 (0x28afd000)
        libm.so.2 => /lib/libm.so.2 (0x28bb9000)
        libc_r.so.5 => /usr/lib/libc_r.so.5 (0x28bd2000)
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x28bf6000)
!!      libDCOP.so.6 => not found (0x0)
!!      libkdefx.so.6 => not found (0x0)
        libmng.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libmng.so.1 (0x28cd0000)
        libGL.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 (0x28d2e000)
        libXmu.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6 (0x28d9b000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x28db1000)
        libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0x28db5000)
        libXft.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2 (0x28dbe000)
        libfreetype.so.9 => /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9 (0x28dd0000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x28e3a000)
        liblcms.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/liblcms.so.1 (0x28e62000)
        libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x28e7d000)
        libexpat.so.4 => /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.4 (0x28ece000)

> Do i explictly need to link to ../dcop/libdcop.la?  See if that fixes it.

No change. FWIW, besides meinproc and makekdewidget there's a third binary 
that's used in a similar way, but is linked correctly: genembed from 
kstyles/keramik. I'm too blind to see what makes the difference though...

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org
 (/^ ^\) | FreeBSD - The Power to Serve     | http://www.freebsd.org
   \u/   | K Desktop Environment on FreeBSD | http://freebsd.kde.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: signature
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-core-devel/attachments/20040614/f406dd1f/attachment.sig>

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list