createStandardKWindow()

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 7 22:18:29 BST 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 23:07, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> On Monday 07 June 2004 2:48 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 07 June 2004 20:38, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > Much better and smaller name :)  Those changes and I moved the new
> > > functions into KMainWindow in this new patch.
> >
> > You can remove the "TODO modal" ... KEditToolbar _is_ modal (default value
> > true for modal argument to KDialogBase constructor).
> > Ah. But you should use exec() instead of show().
>
> yes it is modal, but it shouldn't be.  Why should it block the application?
Because otherwise you need to take care that it won't pop up twice, so you
need a pointer somewhere and "bring to front" code in case the action
is activated twice. And worse problem: what if the guiFactory is updated
meanwhile, due to plugging/unplugging kparts? Then the open kedittoolbar
will have pointers to deleted actions... This is really a huge nest of worms,
for very little gain (why would you want to keep the dialog open while using
the app? it's not like configuring toolbars is something you do every 5 minutes).
Even "being able to see the changes in the app" is possible with the Apply
button, so there's really no reason why this dialog should not be modal.

> :(  True, where could we put the function in kio to make life easier?
Close to knotifydialog I guess.