Problem with kapp::startServiceByDesktopName

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Jan 30 20:24:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

the weather plugin in Kontact checks with
dcopClient->isApplicationRegistered() if the weather dcop service is
already running, and starts it with
kapplication::startServiceByDesktopName() when that's not the case.
The problem is now, that startServiceByDesktopName starts the dcop
service correctly but returns an error message, so I don't know if the
application was really started or not...

Here you can see the output:

kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kweatherservice' from launcher.
library=kweatherservice.la: No file names kweatherservice.la found in
paths.
Could not load library! Trying exec....
KWeatherService: starting dcopservice
kdeinit: PID 4310 terminated.
Error: KDEInit could not launch 'kweatherservice'

The last line is the message that is passed by the 'error' argument in
startServiceByDesktopName.

Could somebody give me a hint what's wrong here?
The newsticker plugins uses the same code and there it works perfectly.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!