Apollon in kdeextragear
martin at mkoebele.de
Thu Jan 29 08:28:59 GMT 2004
some people actually suggested to post it here. I hope the admins allow me to
post here for the duration of this thread. Thanks in advance.
I'm maintainer of the project Apollon, a KDE-giFT filesharing client.
Since Apollon is a KDE-application and KDE has a pretty reliable cvs-system,
we would be very happy, if you guys would allow apollon to be part of
In fall 2003 was already a discussion about that. I would like to re-enter in
that discussion, because the objections weren't really clear.
My points are:
- Apollon won't be a 'threat' for KDE. Only the client itself would be in the
cvs, not the actual p2p-daemon itself. Some were concerned about that.
- Apollon is not an "illegal" software. And KDE won't be in a "complicity".
- Even the authors of apollon are save and can't be sued. Because they are not
complices - the authors know nothing about that what the users do with it.
- a dutch judge came to the result, that kazaa is not illegal. His conviction
is of international importance.
(sorry, german webpage only)
- it's not the software which up- and downloads potentially copyrighted
material, it's the user.
Thanks for thinking about and considering it!
We would be more than happy to be part of kdeextragear!
More information about the kde-core-devel