XML Desktop config files (was: Re: Tons of questions. And some patches

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Mon Jan 26 20:34:42 GMT 2004

Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
>Currently only Microsoft could support meta-data in their NTFS file
> system (they have the capability to write multiple streams into a
> file). Under Linux we can't very well at the moment. What is so wrong
> with something that doesn't hurt and that is so easy to implement?

Some filesystems like XFS support arbitrary "extended attributes".
Reiser4 does so also, if I'm not mistaken.

The reason for that support is that you start requiring additional
functionality in text editors (add mark, remove mark, detect mark) and
in the parsers, though our INI parser SHOULD ignore the BOM if found.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom (AT) mail (dot) com