move klicker to kextragear

Russell Miller rmiller at duskglow.com
Tue Jan 20 16:33:50 GMT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Rolf Magnus wrote:

> Still the name looks awfully close to "kicker". It's just like e.g. adding a
> program for shopping lists to KDE and calling it "kmall". Many people would
> read "kmail" first. Also, when I read something about clicking in connection
> with a GUI program, I first think about a computer mouse, e.g. some tool for
> learning the usage of a mouse, not a metronome.

Perhaps, I'll admit it is close to kicker, but I'm still not sure this is
a bad thing.

Tell you what.  Think of a better name and I will consider a rename.
Preference will be given to a name that is clever, in the manner of
"klicker".  I don't get much chance for fun these days and naming apps is
one of the few ways I have to express myself.  Lame?  Perhaps.  But the
sad truth...

--Russell

--
Russell Miller