move klicker to kextragear

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 14:49:21 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 12:51, Russell Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > Kicker, slicker and now klicker? I honestly thought it was a kicker
> > replacement you were doing.
>
> Nope.
>
> > Sounds to me like a rename should be considered. I think you're making a
> > mistake by thinking it was a funny idea.
>
> I respectfully disagree.  I have no intention of renaming.  A metronome
> clicks.  That's what it's made for.

Still the name looks awfully close to "kicker". It's just like e.g. adding a
program for shopping lists to KDE and calling it "kmall". Many people would
read "kmail" first. Also, when I read something about clicking in connection
with a GUI program, I first think about a computer mouse, e.g. some tool for
learning the usage of a mouse, not a metronome.