Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: Icons, scripts and OSX

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Jan 14 03:12:11 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 23:45, you wrote:
> Going offtopic and all for these lists, but in the context of this
> thread:
>
> http://www.advogato.org/person/Uraeus/#262
>
> "I have for some time been wanting to include a metatheme using
> Crystal or Outline in g-t-e, but neither of those has been available
> in SVG format, at least not in complete versions. I have noticed
> Everaldo saying the SVG's to be forthcoming for a long while, but
> there has always been one thing or the other holding it up. Today I
> sadly discovered that the reason for the SVG's not being released was
> simply a petty attitude of not wanting to see GNOME use the actual
> SVG's as icons before KDE can do so. The following quote from the
> release announcement for Crystal 1.0 says it all: Altought this
> version is known as 'SVG', the icons are still in PNG format, the SVG
> files will be relased once the support for the format improves in
> KDE. So much for adopting SVG's in a big was as a recent announcement
> on Slashdot proclaimed ;)"
>
> FWIW... sounds nonsense to me...

Hm.. Yeah, I think so too. I don't understand how this Christian can see that
GNOME hostility from the release announcement. At most, you could see it as
an ignorance towards the GNOME people(but we also need them, despite our
rendering engine). Anyway, I think it is a good idea leaving this a side..

In either way, we have a real problem here: We don't have any svg files.

Today, it's Wednesday and yet the cvs repository is empty. Martin, perhaps
wait a day or two, but could you then again contact SuSE and ask for an exact
time frame?

And if neither that works out, we could send a mail to Everaldo, something
like the attached perhaps.

			Frans