Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: Icons, scripts and OSX

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Jan 14 07:43:12 GMT 2004

> In either way, we have a real problem here: We don't have any svg files.

From what Ken Wimer  (wimer at suse.de) told me (who afaik usually takes care of
checking in everaldo's stuff) he checked in all existing SVGs. The problem
with some remaining icons is that Everaldo used some sort of plugin or
extension for them in Illustrator. Unfortunately using this stuff you can't
export properly to SVG anymore. And from what Ken told me converting the
icons manually in a way that you get valid SVG's is a PITA.

Afaik Everaldo works for Lindows now. I'm curious if Lindows would/is  also
(be) open to pay him for doing LGPL'ed KDE stuff.

Regards,
Torsten Rahn