Patch for kabc resources

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 16:04:45 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:57:39PM +0100, Bo Thorsen wrote:
Hi Bo,

> - removes the writeConfig method that just called the superclass method (might
> not be a good idea, since this would make it impossible to introduce writing
> config items later - I need info on wether the existance of this method is by
> choice)
I'd like to keep this method to have an additional abstraction layer to
add new config items. Cornelius?

> - has default implementations of asyncLoad and asyncSave, since the resource
> subclasses I've seen all have this exact implementation. Code duplication is
> bad, so it might as well be in the superclass
Holger suggested to do it the other way around. We should force to
implement an asyncLoad/Save and give an default Implementation for
syncLoad/Save which calls the async methods.

The rest of the patch looks ok for me.

>  Resource::Resource( const KConfig *config )
> -  : KRES::Resource( config ), mAddressBook( 0 )
> +  : KRES::Resource( config )
>  {
> +  d = new ResourcePrivate( 0 );
>  }
Or maybe

  +  : KRES::Resource( config ), d( new ResourcePrivate( 0 ) )

?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!