Regarding kpdf

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Fri Jan 2 22:30:30 GMT 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 23:11, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> On Friday 02 January 2004 22:48, Frans Englich wrote:
> > So you mean we include both and:
> > * Make kghostview open ps's
> > * Make kpdf open pdf's
> > * Make only kghostview available in the KMenu.
>
> I have to admit, that for daily work I mainly use acroread instead of
> kghostview since kghostview displays less documents correctly. Also
> kghostview is missing many features acroread has.
> Unfortunately in business life pdfs are increasing more and more. A lot of
> authorities nowadays provide pdfs instead of docs :-)) Therefore I think it
> is really important for KDE and esp. it's business use to have a good and
> integrated pdf viewer.
>
> So I vote for:
>  * Make kghostview open ps's
>  * Make kpdf open pdf's
>  * Make both in the KMenu.

And you're not the only one. Eventually, I will have to go hide
somewhere.. ;-)

> BTW - kghostview and kpdf should both be added to the office instead of the
> graphics one.

Good point.

Another thing crossed my mind: I think both could be removed from the kmenu
without usability loss(or very little): When the user gets a ps/pdf document
he/she doesn't go to the KMenu to find a suitable app, instead he/she judges
from the icon displayed and clicks it(and the mimetype system takes over).
"Context" based thinking instead of "toolbased"..

			Frans